Friday, December 5, 2014

Christmas Mantel

 
 
I use "Christmas Mantel" loosely since obviously these are my bookcases, but I treat them like a mantel {since I don't have a real one}, but don't they look pretty for Christmas? I decided to change things up a bit this year and add in some red, and I am loving it so far.
 

 
 For the mantel, I wanted it to be very simple. It's a long wall and I think adding too much can look cluttered. Over the mirror, I added a fresh boxwood wreath (I bought a bunch at Trader Joe's and used them throughout the house, I love fresh boxwood and it dries so nicely), some ticking stripe fabric, and a paper mache deer that I painted with white paint and then distressed a bit.
 
 
On top of the bookcases, I just added some garland, candles, then two snowy mason jar candles. I tried a few other arrangements but I in the end, I think the simpler looked prettier.
 
 


 

 
 Then, the stockings! I would have loved some grainsack stockings, but they were definitely not in my budget this year, so I sewed these out of a creamy white linen, then painted the stripes using the same method I shared in this tutorial. Then for the final touch, I made some initial letters out of various fresh greenery and floral wire.
 

 



 



 







 
 It looks very pretty with the candles light at night.
 



 
The final thing we need in this room is the tree! We get a real tree, and this year for the first time, we are going to go to a local tree farm and cut it down {if the weather cooperates this weekend}. I am planning to get pictures of the rest of the house this weekend and post a full house tour on Monday!
 
Thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment