Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Natural and Neutral Thanksgiving Table


 
 
This year, we are hosting Thanksgiving here at our house for the first time. Actually, this is my first time ever hosting Thanksgiving; wish me luck! Circumstances worked out this year that my parents are coming to visit, and my in-laws will also be joining us. Just a small group of the six of us, plus the girls, far less intimidating than the usual dinner for 25+ that my mom hosts!
 

I did still want to set a beautiful table, something nice and cozy and warm, but still festive. I sewed the gold plaid napkins on the table several years ago from some clearance fabric, and they inspired the rest of the table. I just used my favorite neutrals, with a bit of fall color mixed in. I used lots of different textures with a burlap runner, white placemats, white candleholders, white pumpkins, dried wheat, some dried hydrangea, green apples, and some beautiful sugar maple leaves. The leaves are my favorite part of the whole table; I love the color of the sugar maples in fall and I stopped by the side of the road to get these leaves since we don't have any maple trees in our yard.


 
 


 
I made a quick little menu on some kraft paper wrapped around some branches. I'm so excited for Thanksgiving food! And pie!
 







 











 

 


 
 Thank you so much for stopping by!

2 comments: