Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Little Pumpkin First Birthday

 
 
So, obviously I took a longer break from this blog than I anticipated over the past year, but life got busy and something had to go, so this blog was it. I really did miss having this outlet though, so I'm excited to get back to it.
 
Today I'm posting Claire's first birthday party last month! One of her nicknames is Pumpkin, so with an October birthday, a little pumpkin theme seemed perfect. I decided to stick with more muted colors, with pale orange, peach, and pink mixed in to make it girly. We hosted the party at my sister and brother-in-law's house back in Texas, so since I didn't have tons of time to set up and had to cart everything down on the plane, I kept things pretty simple. I'm still really happy with how it turned out.
 
 
I added some simple décor to the mantel. The banner has all of Claire's monthly photos from her first year; it is amazing how much she has grown.







We had the party at 10:30 AM, so I served brunch food. The menu was: grilled vegetable quiche, tomato goat cheese quiche, bacon, fall salad with pecans, apples, bleu cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette, fresh fruit, pumpkin muffins, cheddar biscuits, and pecan kringle.






 
The dessert table was my favorite part of the party. The fabric banner was very simple to make and I think it makes the table.
 
 




 
 
Of course, the girls' outfits had to coordinate with the party decor. Everyone does that, right?
 


 
Claire's birthday was a bit of a bittersweet milestone for me- it feels like the year just flew by. I think that's a second baby thing, because it did some seem that fast the first time! And I can't believe Allie will be THREE in January (I have some ideas going for that party already...)
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment