Thursday, September 26, 2013

Neutral Fall Mantel

 
It's fall, y'all! We have been having several weeks of gorgeous weather here- cool and crisp in the morning, beautiful blue skies. Allie and I have been taking advantage and spending as much time outside as possible! It is definitely feeling like fall, and last weekend, I added some fall decorations around the house.
 
In the family room, I wanted to go for warm and cozy and stick with neutral colors. So for the "mantel", I stuck with using a lot of white along with black and brown. I think it turned out pretty without looking too bare and it says fall even though I didn't use the traditional colors.
 




I love white pumpkins and I used lots of them throughout the house. These are a mix of real and fake ones.
 

 
I added some more white pumpkins under a cloche along with this antler I picked up at an antique mall last time I was in Texas.





On the other side is this Santo doll that my mom gave me last Christmas along with some wheat, antique books, an initial that I got years ago in the Target clearance, and a white pumpkin.
 



I will post a tour of the rest of the house decorated for fall next Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you've done here. I really like the long set of bookcases. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete