Thursday, September 19, 2013

Easy Burp Cloths



These burp cloths are such an easy sewing project for baby! I've actually made these before for my sister's baby shower, and this time I made some for myself. You can't get much more useful than burp cloths! When Allie was little, I went through so many every day that it seemed like I could never have too many. It's nice to have some cute ones, especially for carrying in the diaper bag, and I made mine using leftover fabric from some nursery sewing projects.
 
 
I've seen burp cloth tutorials using the pre-fold diapers, but I really prefer to use terrycloth for mine. The other fabric can be anything you'd like to use and these are a great way to use up random leftover pieces.
 

Easy Burp Cloths

Materials:
Patterned fabrics
Terrycloth fabric (to make 8 cloths, I used about 1/2 yard)
Sewing machine, thread, pins, etc.
 
1. Decide on the size you'd like to make your cloths. I made mine about 7"x17"  (which is narrower and longer than the size of a pre-fold diaper).
 
2. Cut your fabrics, leaving a 1/2" seam allowance on each side, and pin the patterned fabric and terrycloth together, right sides facing in.
 
 
3. I like to mark where the opening will be with pins, so I remember where to start and stop sewing.



4. Sew around the edges, leaving the opening along one side. Clip the corners, being careful not to cut through the seams.
 


5. Turn right side out and press, turning in the edges of where the opening is.
 


6. Starting at your opening, sew around the edge with a 1/4" seam. I used a zig zag stitch on mine.
 
 
And you're done! Super easy!
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment