Wednesday, August 7, 2013

New Entryway Dresser...and Lighting Options



Today I wanted to share a few quick pictures of our entryway. We recently moved this dresser here from the guest room- and I have to say, I'm loving it in its new home! This dresser is an antique that I've had longer than anything else in our house- my mom bought it for my nursery when I was a baby and then I took it to my first apartment after college, where it was in my single gal bedroom, and my first married apartment and now our house.
 



As much as I love it, the future nursery just didn't seem like the right place for this dresser, since it's going to have a gray, white, and lavender color scheme and I didn't want to paint it. I used to have a console table in this spot in the entry, but it was a piece I was never crazy about, so it went on Craigslist and the dresser went here.
 

 
The entryway looks done!



 
Wait...

 
Except for this:

 
The ugly light fixture that I realized after taking this picture, isn't even centered right. Eww.
 
I've been shopping around for a new fixture to go here. In a perfect world, I would get this one:
 

or this one:

 
 
 but the challenge is that with the low ceiling and the front door opening, I only have about 10" of clearance, so I need to find some sort of flush mount. I've been looking for something I love, but I haven't quite found it yet. My favorites so far are these:
 

 
I feel like there must be more options out there. Does anyone know any great sites for lighting?

2 comments:

  1. The chest looks great there! I love the moravian star just because you don't see it every where.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bird art over the chest. Very pretty. I like the second light. Is it less that 10"?

    ReplyDelete