Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Diaper Bag for a Dolly

 
I'm so excited to share this fun project that I just finished! I can't believe that my baby girl is going to be a big sister soon! I wanted to give her a gift when her little sister comes home from the hospital, to make her feel special and celebrate her new big sis status. She's been imitating everything I do lately and is loving to pretend, so I thought that a diaper bag and accessories for her baby doll would be perfect. I'm also hoping it will be fun {and occupying} for her to take her of her baby while Mommy takes care of the new baby :)
 



I will share links to the tutorials I used for everything- all of which I found on Pinterest (where else?).
Altogether, I made a diaper bag, diapers, wipes, a changing pad, a bib, and a hooded towel and washcloth.
 


 
I made the diaper bag using this tutorial from Poppyseed Fabrics. I was a little intimidated by making a bag but this tutorial was really easy to follow. The only change I made was that I made fabric handles instead of using webbing.

 
 
How cute are the diapers? I made my own pattern by trial and error but used this tutorial from 2 Little Hooligans for the method for making the diapers. The wipes and case were super quick to make (here's the tutorial from Make Bake Celebrate). The changing pad is pretty self explanatory.

 
The doll needed a bib too! I just made the pattern for this one on the doll.

 
It doesn't really go in the diaper bag, but I also made the doll a little hooded towel and washcloth. I partially followed this tutorial from Sparkle Power for a hooded blanket to make the towel.
 
And that's it! I can't wait to give this set to Allie- I hope she has fun with it!

 

4 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet and thoughtful gift to your little girl in preparation of becoming a big sister.

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award--didn't see if you had been nominated yet. More details on are my blog: http://whimsyrenee.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-liebster-award-or-one-where-i-go.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I want to make one for my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love your diaper bag. When I was in motherhood, my mom presented me a Tory Burch shoulder bag that I could use as diaper bag also. Really, it is so stylish, spacious and comfortable to carry around.

    ReplyDelete