Thursday, August 1, 2013

Curried Chicken Salad

 
 
This chicken salad recipe is one that my Mom has been making for years, and it's always been one of my favorites. I never used to make it that often though, because I hated poaching and shredding the chicken- then I stumbled on the shortcut of using a store-bought rotisserie chicken instead- and wow, this recipe is now super easy as well as delicious! The addition of curry powder is mine too, it just gives the salad an extra dimension of flavor.
 
 

Curried Chicken Salad

Makes 4-6 servings
{This salad is better if you make it a day or at least a few hours ahead of time.}
 
Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (I only use the breast meat)
1 bunch scallions, white and green parts only, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 ribs of celery, chopped
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
1 cup red grapes, halved
1 cup mayonnaise
Splash of milk
1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
Salt and pepper
 
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Toss the dressing with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Taste for seasoning.
 
2. Refrigerate for at least a few hours before serving.
 
 




 

1 comment:

  1. Ohh this looks really good! I love curried chicken salad but have never tried making it at home, yours looks wonderful!! Thanks for sharing your recipe!!! :)

    ReplyDelete