Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tropical Smoothies

We've been drinking tons of smoothies in our house lately! I started making them for Allie since they are a relatively easy to make and healthy snack that she loves, and so do I. There are a million variations of ways to make them- we do green smoothies with spinach a lot (toddler eating a green vegetable!) or ones with Greek yogurt. These smoothies are more for fun- I absolutely love tropical fruits and drinks (one of my favorite things when I was in Hawaii for our honeymoon was the fruity drinks and juices). Since I'm pregnant this summer, I invented this smoothie as a substitute. It tastes a bit like a pina colada and is just really delicious and refreshing.
 
 



 

Tropical Smoothies

Makes 2 smoothies
 
1 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
1/2 banana
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup passion fruit or guava juice
 
Put all the ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth, and enjoy!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment