Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Bookcases



A couple of weeks ago while I was decorating around the house for summer, I switched up some things in these bookcases (lately I feel like all the accessories in our house keep rotating from one place to another but moving things around for a new look makes me happy...)
 

These bookcases have become a collecting place for some of my favorite things.
 



 
A vintage clock face I found antiquing with my mom and a little pot of moss...


I printed some vintage botanical prints from the Graphics Fairy (love her site!!!) on linen paper for the frames.
 

I do have sort of a birds-and-botanicals theme going on right now, here's another bird and some more moss.
 

 
I filled the old apothecary jar with scented oil- it's the wild fern scent from Pottery Barn which sadly they don't seem to have anymore :( It smells so good.

 
This framed silhouette is my mom as a little girl, made by my grandma.


 
And a crown with some of my favorite books!
 


4 comments:

  1. I love the styling! It's so hard to get shelves to look just right and you definitely did it. The prints you printed from the graphics fairy are so pretty, great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you turn your books around to show the neutral coloured book pages instead of the colourful covers. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hayley! I found your blog not too long ago and love love love how you've decorated your home. I decided you would be perfect to nominate for the Liebster Award. I have posted all the details on my blog here... http://itfreezesbeautifully.blogspot.com/2013/07/i-won.html ... and hope you decide to join in the fun.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I just realized that comment sounds a little bit like spam but I promise it's not:)

      Delete