Friday, July 5, 2013

Master Bedroom Makeover

I just finished a little mini-makeover of our master bedroom! This room was one where I decorated it when we moved in almost 5 years ago, then hadn't really done anything else with it. Honestly, I was getting a little bored with the same look in here. There was also a lot of dark furniture and bedding, and while it feels nice and cozy in the winter, for spring and summer it was feeling a bit blah. (You can see the original room here. ) None of the big items in the room have changed, but I think by making some small changes I was able to really brighten up the overall look of the room!
 
 

 
The biggest change I made was changing out the slipcover for our headboard. It was originally chocolate brown velvet, and now it's a cream cotton.


 
I also swapped out some of the bedding, but on a budget: I used a plain white duvet and pillow covers from the guest room (it will be converted into a nursery soon anyway!) and replaced the brown toile duvet with a blue throw from Home Goods. The blue throw pillow is something I already had- it's one of my best finds, $4.39 at the Restoration Hardware Outlet.
 

 
I added this Target lamp to my nightstand, and moved the lamp that was originally here to my husband's nightstand.


 
Lately my nightstand has been doubling as Allie's dress-up area- girl loves to put on all my bracelets and try to put on my earrings.
 
 



I painted these frames next to the armoire white for a bit more contrast.
 



On this wall, I left up the botanical print but added some white plates from Home Goods. I originally wanted to find some candle sconces for this wall, but I couldn't find anything I liked that wasn't very pricey; I think the plates were a great cheap alternative! I also recovered the chair with a painted grainsack fabric (you can see the tutorial here).
 






I love how everything turned out (and so does Phil! Yay!). I'm now moving on to some changes in Allie's room, in anticipation of setting up a nursery for her little sister- our house is definitely reaping the benefits of  my crazy pregnant nesting phase :)
 
 
Linking Up With
 
Jennifer Rizzo // French Country Cottage // Tater Tots and Jello

21 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! Airy and fresh for the warm months. I love the mix of dark furniture with the crisp white and light blue. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks so beautiful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Everything looks so fresh and calming! Awesome job! Would love it if you would link this up to Give Me The Goods Monday: 1 Party, 4 Blogs! http://rainonatinroof.com/2013/07/give-me-the-goods-monday-link-party-16/
    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so beautiful! So cozy and serene! I popped over from Give Me the Goods! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and elegant! Love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks beautiful and so clean and fresh. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a restful look you've created. Love the light blue. You did a fabulous job. Now following!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! It's so pretty and serene! Totally my kind of style for a bedroom!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful. It looks so peaceful and relax-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely!! Looks like such a relaxing and calming space-nicely done!!

    ~Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so pretty and inviting. I love your calm color choice. I would love for you to link up to my ongong Inspire Me party. - -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/07/172nd-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! So serene and soothing. Superb job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bedroom looks pretty and cozy! I love the color of the wall; is it grey blue? goes very well with the silver vigenettes on your night table. I am your newest follower? Would you follow me too?

    Have a nice day,
    Ellya
    @CuriositaEllya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The wall color is Benjamin Moore Feather Gray- it's really pretty blue though. Thanks for following, I'm following you too!

      Delete
  15. Would love for you to share this beautiful makeover at Simple & Sweet Fridays! New Follower!

    Take Care,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  16. How beautiful!!! You did a great job, the bedroom looks so peaceful and serene, as well as chic and stylish! Beautiful! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love bedrooms that feel like this---soft, peaceful, calm. It's how they should be, IMO! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful bedroom! I love your framed wedding stuff by the bed!

    Thank you for sharing at Give Me The Goods!

    Dimples & Pig Tales

    ReplyDelete