Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Claire's Nursery Inspiration


 
 
 
Well, second pregnancies really do fly by- I can't believe that Claire will be making her debut in a little over 2 months! At this point in my first pregnancy, Allie's entire nursery was complete. This time, we won't be actually finishing Claire's nursery until she's a few months old (we need our guest room for visiting family, and Claire will be sleeping in our room until she's three or months old anyway). I have been very busy planning though and have a very clear picture in my mind of what I would like her nursery to look like. Her room, which is currently our guest room is really small- only 10'x10'. I decided to go with a soothing color scheme of gray and white along with lavender to keep things feminine.
 
 
 We picked Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter for the walls, which are getting painted this week by my sweet husband while Allie and I are in Dallas. I really wanted to use all white furniture to keep things bright against the gray walls. After some debate, we did decide to buy a second crib so that Allie can stay in hers longer- and I found an inexpensive Jenny Lind style crib that I love! I picked a white dresser that looks very similar to the one in Allie's room; in case the sisters ever end up sharing a bedroom in the future, I'd like the furniture to match. The rocker, ottoman, and nightstand from Allie's room will all be moved into the nursery. I'm keeping the same white ruffled curtains that are already in the guest room but will be sewing in a blackout liner. I wanted to add some different printed fabrics into the room as well- I found lavender bedding that I love and am planning to make some throw pillows and the changing pad cover with the fabrics above.

 
 The nursery does not have a ton of wall space, but I know I want to add some wall shelves over the dresser for extra storage and an initial letter "C" and fabric bunting over the crib. The butterfly artwork above will go somewhere, and I really want to get this butterfly mobile to hang over the changing table. I know there will be more details to add as we set things up, but so far I'm so excited to see finished room- especially with my new little girl in it :)

Here's a tour of what the guest room looks like now, and here's Allie's nursery!


No comments:

Post a Comment