Do you love citrus as much as I do? Because I really, really love it, especially in sweets! These cookies are bursting with it- lemon, lime, and orange juice and zest...perfect flavors for summertime. The cookies themselves are slightly chewy and crispy on the edges, and then I iced them with a glaze that is mixed with citrus zest. Trust me, delicious!!! I took these to a get-together over the weekend and they were a hit :) This is the perfect summer cookie.
Triple Citrus Cookies
Adapted from Cooking Classy
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
2 cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
Zest of 1/2 lemon, 1/2 lime, and 1/4 orange (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-2 tablespoons lime juice
Zest of 1 lemon, 1 lime, and 1/2 orange
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with Silpats or parchment.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In bowl of electric mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, and citrus zest on medium speed until light and fluffy. Mix in egg, then egg yolk, scraping down the sides of the bowl in between. Mix in the lemon and lime juice and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients in 3 additions, mixing on low until combined.
4. Use cookie scoop or spoon to drop tablespoon-sized cookies onto the baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until edges are just lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
5. Mix the powdered sugar with enough citrus juice so that it is thick enough to spread easily. Mix in the zest. Frost cookies with a spatula. Let the glaze set completely before storing.
Linking Up With
Stone Gable // Craftberry Bush // Jennifer Rizzo