Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer in the Yard



Today I thought I'd share a few pictures of our yard. When we moved into our house 4.5 years ago, the yard really needed a lot of work. The previous owner had let the yard grow totally wild; the contractor that we bought our home from had removed lots of trees and plantings, but there was still a lot of work to do. Late last summer, we had a landscaper come in and redo most of our beds. This spring and summer is the first time everything has started to bloom so we can really see the results. Allie and I have been spending tons of time outside lately, so I've really been enjoying the yard!
 



The front yard...
 

 
This birch surrounded by hosta is one of my favorite spots in the front yard.





I will admit I am not a gardener at all. I love looking at pretty plants and gardens, but everything else {i.e. weeding and doing the work} is my husband's department. This bed under the kitchen window was my only request for the new landscaping- a bed full of hydrangea! There is a peony bush here too, with beautiful pink peonies that bloomed last month.
 


 
Along the back fence, we have a little shade garden under the big trees, with hosta and ferns.

 
 
One of our favorite things about our house (and one reason we would be very sad to ever move) is that we live next door to this pretty little park. There is a playground right behind our house! We walk here almost every morning. There is also a gorgeous natural creek that runs down one side of the park. It's Allie and Max's favorite place to play!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely green yard. Your hydrangeas are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete