Friday, June 7, 2013

Summer House Tour

 
 
 
I've been following the Shabby Creek Summer Tour of Homes all week- so many gorgeous and inspiring homes! I love looking at house tours so I though I'd share mine as well!

Welcome to our home, come on in! We haven't made any major changes lately, but I did make some little changes to make the house feel more summer-y.


 
In the living room, I decided to add some touches of green to freshen it up for summer.

 









 
I carried the green into the dining room as well.



Our hydrangeas are blooming right now, so I'm using them everywhere inside the house!
 





 
 
 
In the family room, I just changed up the mantel and added some blue pillows.
 
 


The "mantel" is still mostly leftover from spring. I'm planning to do something blue and white for summer but haven't gotten a chance yet!




 
I saw this idea for the chalkboard on Pinterest and thought it was super cute! We are definitely looking forward to this summer with Allie, and most of these will be firsts for her. I can't wait to introduce her to some of the pleasures of summer :)

 
 

 
We recently added this little kitchen in this corner by the back door. It gets quite a lot of play.

 
Sun hat and leash, all ready to head next door to the park! Happy Summer!
 
You can see more pictures of our house on my full house tour here or our Christmas house tour here.
 

Linking Up With
 
Stone Gable // Craftberry Bush // Jennifer Rizzo
 
 


14 comments:

  1. I loved taking your house tour Hayley!
    Im quite honestly coveting your living room shelving! And will definitely be writing up a Summer Bucket List right away!
    Thank you so much for sharing!

    My home is a work in progress, but would love to have you stop by! http://slippersbyday.blogspot.ca

    Cheers!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hayley, coming over from Gina's this morning. I love the cozy feel of your beautiful home. That library wall is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Shabby Creek Cottage! Those shelves and "Mantel" are gorgeous!

    ~Sonya
    http://athomewiththebarkers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on decorating Julie! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your home tour! Can I borrow the chalkboard bucket list? I think there's about 18 scraps of paper with ours scattered throughout the house - but putting it in on a chalkboard is genius!

    Thanks for joining the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness your house is beautiful!! I love all of the white... and that chalkboard is so super fun!! Have fun at that Phillies game *wink wink* they're the best!!

    Dawnelle
    Just Dawnelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! Newest follower from HickoryTrail

    I host a linky party every tuesday, would love for you to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hayley, this is my first visit to your blog - it's lovely and so is your home. I will definitely be adding you on my Facebook likes. Thanks for sharing your home with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really enjoyed your tour! I love white furniture as well! Looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved the tour!!! Christine visiting from http://littlebrags.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing. I love your home! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home looks so pretty and bright and inviting!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovely! It looks like a very comfortable home, but so beautiful as well. I love all of the little touches! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the tour! I love how you styled your living room shelves and the cute black table by the chaise. I am always looking for ideas on styling tables and shelves. I found you at Shabby Creek too. Visiting from http://completepackagemama.com

    ReplyDelete