Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fourth of July Mantel

I've actually never done any decorating for the Fourth of July before. Unless you count hanging a flag outside. But I wanted to change out the family room mantel to a blue and white color scheme for the summer, and I thought it would be fun to just add a little red in too for the Fourth.
 
 


I had a bunch of ticking stripe fabric, so made a quick bunting for the mirror. Underneath, some pretty blue mason jars with hydrangeas cut from the backyard.
 
 


I am slightly obsessed with hydrangeas and love having them in the house. We have several huge bushes, so there are still plenty of blooms to enjoy outside as well.
 

 For the rest of the shelf, I just re-used different things from other spots in the house- lanterns, white candles, some antique books, and some coral.

I painted the glass in this Ikea frame to make a little chalkboard. It doesn't look as neat as I would like but it's small, so this was the best I could do!

 



 
 
I made another little bunting for this wreath by the back door...

 
and some flags on the table.

 
I am really excited for the Fourth this year! I think we are planning on heading to the pool, grilling some burgers, and pulling Allie in her wagon to the park down the street to watch the fireworks. It will be her first time to see them (last year she was sleeping in her crib!) so I will love to see her reaction.
 
Happy Fourth of July!
 
 
 
 
Linking up with....


10 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the blue balls jars with the hydrangeas. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Beautiful home you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's very cute! And I loooove the blue mason jars. Pretty! ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply Suzannes at Home

    Oh! I love your ticking strip bunting . . . and the beautiful blue Ball jars! So pretty and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything in this room. It is all so Pretty. You have a beautiful home!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So So beautiful! I love that the colors are more subtle, and I want that mirror! lol

    Therena @ littlebitofpaint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your pretty vignettes! new follower! - aimee {refresh-renew.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, love your vignettes, so beautiful and the colors are wonderful.
    I would love for you to link up to my ongoing party Inspire Me. - -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/06/170th-inspire-me-tuesday.html. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soo cute! I love all your decorations...and your bookshelves are fabulous! Come link up to centerpiece Wednesday linky party and share this post with us. http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/06/4th-of-july-decorations-and-centerpiece.html
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so very lucky to have plentiful hydrangeas, I love them.
    Your ticking buntings are perfect, so simple. I'll have to see if I can find some ticking I can afford tomorrow so I can make these. I like to do simple if possible so when/if I get urge to add something or change up in some way I can do so. All your decorations are very nice, love them. Hope you have a wonderful 7/4 with your hubs/little girl. Such a special time for you all.
    Happy Summer

    ReplyDelete