Saturday, February 9, 2013

Rossini Cocktails

 Valentine's Day is just around the corner, so it seemed like the perfect time to share this delicious recipe for Rossini cocktails I first made this on Christmas Eve and everyone loved them. I loved them again last night when I had to make more to photograph and "test" the recipe...ah sacrifices. 
 
 The Rossini is a classic Italian cocktail invented at Harry's Bar in Venice, the same place that invented the Bellini (my props to them!). The Rossini is so simple: just strawberry puree and Prosecco. I couldn't resist adding a tiny twist to my recipe, in a nod to my absolute favorite drink ever, the Kir Royale (champagne and Chambord). The final result is bubbly, fizzy perfection!
 
 
 
 

Rossini Cocktails

Makes 6 cocktails, plus extra puree
 
* A few notes about this recipe: I've found that using frozen strawberries really does work better here than fresh, the flavor is just more concentrated. Also, I think the drink looks prettier if you strain the seeds from the puree, but you can definitely skip that step if you're in a hurry. Finally, this makes more puree than you'll need for just 6 drinks but you can freeze the extra.
 
1 lb. bag of frozen strawberries, thawed
3 shots Chambord
Bottle of Prosecco
Fresh strawberries, for garnish
 
1. In a blender, blend the strawberries and Chambord until smooth.
2. Force puree through a sieve to remove seeds. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of strawberry puree to each champagne glass. Fill with Prosecco. Garnish with a strawberry and serve.
 

 
Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment