Friday, January 25, 2013

Lavender Heart Sachets

 
Hi just taking advantage of an extra-long nap (lucky Friday!) to share this easy little craft I made this week. I love by all the cute fabric hearts that have been shared around the blog world lately (like these), so I decided to make my own but fill them with dried lavender to make scented sachets.


 

 

 
These sachets were a fun and simple craft to make. I just used different fabric scraps that I had for the hearts, and cut open some {new} Trader Joe's lavender dryer bags to fill them with. I sewed mine quickly on the machine, but since they are small, they wouldn't take too long to sew by hand. I also just left the edges unfinished.
 

Lavender Heart Sachets

You'll need:
 
Paper
Pieces of fabric
Pins
Thread
Sewing machine or needle
Dried lavender
 
1. Make a heart template from your paper- my hearts were about 3 1/2".
2. Either trace and cut the fabric or pin the template to the fabric and cut out hearts.
3. Match up fabrics and pin.
4. Sew about 3/4 of the way around the outside of the heart. I found it easier to sew the curved parts in this step and leaving a straight side open for filling the hearts.
5. Fill the inside of the heart with dried lavender. Finish sewing around the edges.
That's it!
 
 
I made one set of these as a gift, for my mom, and one set for myself :)

 
All wrapped up and ready to give. I hope she likes them!

 
Also, thank you so much to Jennifer Rizzo and Gina at Shabby Creek Cottage for featuring me on their link parties this week!


Linking up with...
Shabby Creek Cottage // Craftberry Bush // Stone Gable // Jennifer Rizzo

7 comments:

  1. Thank you sooo much, Hayley!
    Cute hearts;)
    Love
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darling, I featured these at cowgirl up today, so come back to the ranch for a featured button if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I love all the fabrics you used! Very pretty in the tin!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them, perfect for Valentines Day or any other day for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hayley, these little hearts are so cute. I love lavender, too. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete