Friday, January 11, 2013

January Mantel and Other Details

I had planned on posting this last week, and had the pictures all taken on my camera, but 2013 has been off to a rough start for us. Allie has been very sick and was actually hospitalized last weekend; we are thankful that she was never in serious danger and recovered quickly, but it was such a scary and awful experience for us as parents. They believe that she has vesicoureteral reflux, and she will be having some testing done with a wonderful pediatric urologist next month. Given the nature of what's going on, she is perfectly happy and healthy at the moment, and hopefully should stay that way!
 
Now we're getting back into our regular routine and I have a few moments to myself. Personally, the house always feels so bare after all the Christmas decorations are gone. I had fun putting things back in place (although I don't think anything quite ended up in the same place) and trying to warm things up.
 

Our "mantel". Technically....it's the top of bookshelves. Really long bookshelves. But I like to pretend it's a mantel anyway, if only in the hope that some decor here will take the focus away from my husband's giant TV.
 


 


 

 
My pretty little lady. She was a Christmas gift from my mom.




 
Some Christmas decorations are still around in other parts of the house. I decided to leave the bay wreath in the kitchen permanantly. It dried beautifully, and the leaves are usable for cooking. I also kept the paperwhite for now.
 

 
The gardenia got moved from the family room to here.

 
I didn't change too much in the dining room.

 
The boxwood wreath is sticking around for now.

 
I have moved things around in these bookshelves so many times in the 4 years we've had them.

 
I added some more of the paperwhites we kept to this side table, and some sheet music and a vintage book under the cloche.

 

 
The house feels nice and fresh and pretty for the New Year!
 
 
Linking up with...
 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Hayley,
    I dropped over from Cowgirl Up to say hello from Texas! I see you have a love for bay wreaths, too.
    I love your shelving and the pretty vignettes, and what a great bookcase full of books.
    I'm a new follower- Happy New Year!
    ~Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home does look fresh and pretty, ready for the New Year. Love the touches of green you left around.
    I'm happy to be a new follower and hope you'll stop by, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so beautiful! You have amazing taste, I am drooling! Thank you so much for sharing at the Inspiration Gallery!
    Jaime from Crafty Scrappy Happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped by from the Inspiration Gallery Party - your house is beautiful! I love your style, especially that framed skeleton key. Hope your little one is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous details - I took your house tour - your whole home is beautiful!

    I grew up near Philly too!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being featured at Jennifer Rizzo, love the bookshelves and how you have decorated them! Oh, btw I'm from Pa. too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Texas Girl! Howdy from another one. :)
    First time visit, and now I'm following you.
    Stop by for a visit sometime!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home looks so pretty and cozy. I love all the white with pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hayley, your home looks so pretty!
    Love the crisp whites and the greens;)
    You have a new follower, please visit me if you like;)
    Love and hugs from Germany...
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete