Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dining Room and Kitchen Details

Hi, just wanted to do a quick post with some more pictures of our dining room and kitchen. I posted some pictures yesterday in the house tour, but I wanted to show a few more of the details that I added for Christmas in here.
 



I made this version of an Advent wreath as our dining room centerpiece. I wrapped plain terra cotta pots in this really cool tissue tape that I found at Michael's (I used it for a whole bunch of crafts throughout the house also), then added the candles, some Spanish moss, cedar, and pinecones.

I added a number to each candle. I found these numbers at Michael's as well.


 I set up a simple display on the buffet. I stuck with lots of white here and just some fresh greens to make it Christmas-y.
 
 
I found this vintage clock face at an antique mall in Dallas last month. The wreath in the basket was kind of an accident: I stashed in there when I was arranging everything else, and liked the way it looked so much that I kept it there. Inside the wire basket are some of my grandma's embroidered napkins.


 
 
 
The little kitchen tree just has some cinnamon-scented salt dough ornaments that I made. I put out a bowl of clementines as well; everyone in my family loves them.

 
The wreath in the kitchen window is fresh bay and smells wonderful!
 
 
 
Finally our hot cocoa bar...Confession: the cookies in the jar are also salt dough :) If I put real ones in there they would have disappeared within minutes! I'll replace them with the real thing in time for our company to arrive.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love your little tree and your coco station.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete