Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Living Room

I posted some pictures of our living room in my Christmas tour earlier this week, but here are a few more! Our living room is the first room you see when you come into our house. I think of this room as my "garden" room because I have lots of green and botanical elements in here and it has a bright and airy feeling. I wanted to complement that by just adding lots of greenery and some simple decorations for Christmas.
 
 
 

On this side of the room, I just added some cedar garland and wreaths, as well as a pitcher of greenery on the table and my snow scene under the cloche.


 
The litte house under the cloche is actually an ornament that I got at ABC Carpet and Home in New York a few years ago; it's one of my favorite Christmas decorations. I got the rosary when I was in Rome in college and it's very special to me.
 

 
 
 
The "Joyeux Noel" pillow is made from a dropcloth and a Sharpie; I used this tutorial from Dear Lillie. I really wanted some of the pillows from her shop but she was all sold out! Next year!
 
 

 
The tree is decorated with almost entirely homemade ornaments. I usually do the tree in her with all white and silver glass ornaments that I've collected over the last 10 years, but I decided to do something different this year (fragile ornaments and a cruising baby don't mix!). I was really inspired by all the gorgeous paper ornaments in the December issue of Jeanne D'Arc Living magazine. I also added some religious elements to the tree to reflect our faith and our reason for celebrating Christmas.
 
 
 
The tree is decorated with paper cones, pinwheels, paper mache crosses, ornaments with holy cards, birds, and silver stars.
 
The cones are made from cardstock covered with wrapping paper, a muslin ruffle, and some lace trim.

 
I made these ornaments using vintage holy cards that I printed from the Graphics Fairy, along with some vintage sheet music.

 
These little pinwheels of vintage sheet music were really easy to make.




I glittered some paper mache stars and added them. They look really pretty at night with the lights shining on them. The tree just needed a bit of sparkle. 

 
I didn't change much in the bookshelves, just draped some greenery and added a few little things.







2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I really like how your room looks collected by classic. The white makes it all so soothing.

    ReplyDelete