Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas House Tour

 
 
 
 
 
Welcome to our Christmas house!! I'm so excited to share everything we've done in here to get ready for the holidays! I have always loved this time of year, but this year is extra-special for our family: it is our daughter Alexandra's first Christmas, and my family will be visiting from out of state to celebrate with us. So I wanted to make our home feel extra special, festive, and warm. This year, I decided to keep things simple and fresh, with tons of fresh greenery throughout the house. I used mostly homemade ornaments and decorations (I made an executive decision to leave my boxes of breakable ornaments in the attic this year with a 10-month old in the house!) and repurposed things I already had. I am in love with how the house looks this year; it is my favorite so far in the 4 years we have lived here! I can't wait to celebrate our first Christmas as a family of three!
 
 
In the entryway, I just added some fresh greenery and candles.


 
 
The living room is my favorite room in the house. Since this room doesn't get used as much as our family room, I can decorate more formally in here. I added tons of fresh greenery: cedar garlands on the stairs and mirror, boxwood wreaths in the windows, more cedar on the tables and of course the tree!



 
We've had several days of very gray and drizzly weather, so I haven't been able to get great pictures in here, but I'm planning to take more later this week and post a more detailed tour of this room. Update: you can see a more detailed tour here.


 
I made the "Joyeux Noel" pillow using this tutorial from Dear Lillie. 

I made almost everything on the tree out of paper: sheet music pinwheels, glittered stars, paper cones, and holy card ornaments.



 
Our living room opens up to the dining room and kitchen area. More greenery in here as well!

 
I kept the table simple since we eat here every day: just my version of an Advent wreath.




The dining room and kitchen are really one big room (more of the decor here). I added a small potted tree, a bay wreath, and some paperwhites in here.



 
And the best part of all: our hot cocoa bar!! It seems like this is a popular idea right now, and I understand why: Phil and I have both been drinking our fair share of peppermint hot chocolate since I set this up last week!

 
 
The stairs in our kitchen lead down into the family room. This is where we spend most of our time. Since this also serves as Allie's playroom all day, all the decorations are baby-friendly in here for my own sanity!
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
I posted a full tour of our family room here!
 
 
I definitely can't ignore the rest of the house....all the bedrooms got decorated too. In our room, I added a garland and a wreath I had used downstairs for the past few years, as well as a little tabletop tree.
 


 
Allie's room was so much fun to decorate! I posted a full tour of her nursery here.
 




 
Since our guest room will have two rounds of visitors this year, it needed some Christmas touches as well! I did red and green decorations in here. I'm planning to post some more pictures of this room in the next week or so.  Update: here's the link.
 
My first  attempt at sewing a Christmas stocking. Well, actually this is attempt #2, attempt #1 is in the rag pile :)
 
 

 
I love adding decorations in unexpected places. It makes me happy.
 




 
 

 I have definitely set a new personal record for the number of pictures in a single post, but I was excited to share! There are still some details in certain rooms that I haven't shown so I'm planning on some more room by room posts in the next week. Thanks for stopping by and Merry Christmas!
 
 
 




16 comments:

  1. it looks lovely! i love all the greenery here and there and love that you decorated a bit in the bedrooms- i did, too! :) your living room is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really great! I love how you've incorporated the Christmas spirit into every room your home!! Found you via the Jennifer Rizzo home tour!

    Fotini

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful home you have! I love your use of greenery and your table setting really caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful home and i like the holiday decor spread out in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is beautiful! I love the Christmas touches in each room. I want to do a hot chocolate bar, too. Yours is really cute. I need to do it before it gets warm again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love all your vintage touches! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Texas Girl! I'm pretty sure this is my first time to land on your blog. I love your style. Your home is so light and bright.

    We are Texans also. We've lived out of state for years and just moved back to the Dallas area. :) Glad to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from Texas! Love your blog and the Christmas decor is divine : o )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house is stunning! So many beautiful touches everywhere. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for sharing your beautiful holiday home with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks so lovely! And I love your pillow! =) It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home is very pretty! I love the colours and natural accents. So many lovely vignettes but I must say the rosary and religous card, and the greenery and sap bucket with candles are my favourites -it could be because I used these same items in our home too. Love the big chalk board in the family room/play room too. I'm now following along.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your ideas!I'm always attracted to neutral colors... Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your home and holiday decor is absolutely beautiful. I just love your home.

    I'm having a PINTEREST Social hop. I'd love for you to hop on over, grab a button and link up your Pinterest. If you don't have Pinterest it's ok, come link up your blog.

    http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/pinterest-party.html

    I'm also looking for Pinterest Pinners to feature every week beginning in January. If you are on Pinterest and are interested in being featured come link up! Who knows you might meet some other great pinners and gain a few great ideas.

    http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/looking-for-pinners.html

    Have a crazy beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Found your blog through The Nester Christmas home tours. You have such a pretty home and it's even prettier for the holidays! Glad to be following you my friend. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your home and decorating! Just found your blog. Looking forward to checking it out more. Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete