Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Guest Room

Wow, I cannot believe that we have less than one week left until Christmas! I am busy getting the house ready for my family that is arriving on Saturday, planning our meals, finishing up shopping and wrapping...plus my beautiful baby started walking yesterday! What an awesome early Christmas present! I'm pretty excited that my parents will get to see in person in a few days.
 
I did want to share one last post about the decorating I did for Christmas, this time in our guest room.  I stuck with neutrals for the rest of the house, but I went with a traditional red and green color combo in here. I really like how it turned out. I was also happy that I was able to decorate almost for free in here by using things that I already had or making things.
 

 





I made a simple little banner for over the bed using some jute webbing and a little vintage Santa postcard printed from the Graphics Fairy.
 
 
The amaryllis botanical postcard is also printed from the Graphics Fairy!

I moved this ivy topiary from the kitchen to add some fresh green. My sister brought me this beautiful triptych back from Greece.
 
 
I made the stocking from burlap and leftover toile fabric I had from making a pillow.

 
I added a fresh boxwood wreath I made to the window.
 

The tabletop tree on the dresser has a bird theme going on...I think it's pretty cute especially considering I decorated it with things I had lying around and a pack of bird stickers that were $1.29 in the clearance section at Michael's.
 

 
I made the stickers into ornaments, added some nests with berries, little pinecones, and a Joyeux Noel banner that I made with kraft paper. The topper is another nest with a bird ornament and moss.
 

 
Our room is all decked out and ready for guests!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment