Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Decorating a Nursery for My Baby Girl!

We recently found out that we are having a little GIRL!!! Of course, now I can start to get ideas for her nursery together.


The room that is now serving as my craft room and a secondary guest room is going to be the nursery. Here's a few pictures of the room now:





Originally, we thought about keeping the yellow wall color and color scheme of yellow, blue, and pink, but I just can't resist doing a pink nursery for my daughter. It's what she wants, I can tell.


The picture below is my inspiration nursery (from Restoration Hardware Baby). I love the subtle, soothing colors and the antique, French-inspired look.

Here are a few more nurseries I love:














We went and looked at paint colors this weekend, and I think we're going with Benjamin Moore Gentle Butterfly. It's a soft, subtle pink. We will be taking all of the furniture that is currently in the room out and storing it or using it elsewhere in our house. I plan to put the crib where the daybed currently is, put a rocker and ottoman in the corner, add a dresser, and put a bookshelf on the wall next to the closet.


I'm 99% sure that we have picked out the furniture. Here are the two crib options; they're pretty similar.





One thing I really liked in that inspiration nursery was the mix of furniture finishes- the antique white with the gray. So I am looking at dressers in different finishes. We are planning to just add a changing pad on top of the dresser to make it a changing table for now. Here's some dresser possibilities:





We may also get a nightstand.



We really want to get an upholstered rocker and ottoman for the room- seems like a comfy place for late-night feedings when she's tiny and reading stories later on. Then someday the chair can go in the family room. Upholstered rockers are SO expensive though! I love this one from Pottery Barn:



But this inexpensive alternative is what we'll probably end up getting!


I found bookshelf in a gray finish from Ikea that I think will work really well.


 


I have also picked the bedding- we're going with pink, white, and beige bedding. The crib bumper will be a floral toile pattern:



And then a solid pink ruffled crib skirt, and a striped crib sheet:


Now I need to start looking at ideas for curtains and then the wall decor. I'm so excited to make a beautiful room for my little girl!

 





2 comments:

  1. Love your ideas! I actually want a muted yellow for our nursery and love the color in your before pictures.. do you happen to know the pain color for the soft yellow?

    ReplyDelete