Saturday, December 11, 2010

Holiday House Tour

We finished decorating the house today! I absolutely love decorating for Christmas, and look forward to it all year. I love to make the house feel special around the holidays, and add touches to each room. I wanted to make an extra effort this year, since I am hosting my family's Christmas celebrations for the first time.

 Welcome to our Christmas home!
The front door: I always buy a real wreath along with our Christmas tree.

Entryway table: I added faux snow and jingle bells to the hurricane lanterns and switched out my topiary for a poinsettia.



Living room tree: this is my white and silver tree. I have been collecting ornaments for this tree since college. All of the ornaments are in shades of white and silver, and I love how they really stand out against the tree. We always get a real tree for this room; I love the smell! We also rearrange our living room furniture to accomodate the tree by swapping the positions of the couch and slipper chairs.

Close up of the tree topper


My favorite owl ornament


 The tree and my coffee table decor: potted paperwhites and candles.

Stairway garland and stockings. (the small stocking is for the dog).

 I set up my nativity in the bookcase.

 I added a mistletoe kissing ball in between the dining room and living room.

 I made a little winter scene underneath my cloche.

 I added a bay wreath and a dish of paperwhite bulbs to the dining room (the flowers weren't blooming yet).




 I made a swag for the kitchen window using greenery left over from the Christmas tree, a wire hanger, and floral wire.

 I also have a tree in our family room; since it's where we spend quite a bit of our time, I want some Christmas spirit in this room too! I think of this tree as the "casual" tree- it's a faux (OK, fake!) tree with simple decorations, whereas the living room tree is the "breakable" tree!

 The tree is decorated with red wooden bead garlands, felt and straw ornaments, paper cones, several wooden nutcracker ornaments, and pinecones wired onto the tree.

Another detail of the tree...

 I added a red berry wreath to the other side of the room.


 I made a little wreath for the upstairs hallways, also with leftover greenery from the tree.


Since we are having houseguests for Christmas this year, I added a little tabletop tree in our guest room. The tree is decorate with roses made from crepe paper, antiqued silver balls, and little birds (purchased in the floral section of Michael's).
I added a little fresh greenery garland over the bed as well as a pink poinsettia.


Wishing everyone a happy holiday season!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment